January Blog

 Happy New year!!! This break was well needed after a rigorous Fall semester. It was pleasurable to return home to New York and spend a lot of time with my family and friends. 

As January ended, we began the semester with thyroid and diabetes. Although diabetes was not as large a topic as previously covered, it was not easy. I was interested in learning about diabetes because it is commonly spoken about but not something I knew much about. This week we began the endocrine module. As a female, this is a topic I am greatly looking forward to learning about. I believe this module is not emphasized in society as much as it should be. Unfortunately, this month's classes had to be virtual. I was looking forward to coming back into the classroom and seeing all my fellow classmates. Thankfully covid cases have decreased, and we can begin February in person.

Transitioning into February tomorrow makes me sad because it makes me realize the semester is, unfortunately, coming to an end soon. However, I am excited about this upcoming month because of the forthcoming Mardi Gras events. It will be my first time seeing Mardi Gras parades and something I have been looking forward to ever since I moved to New Orleans. 

I did not have the opportunity to volunteer this month due to spending most of this month back home in New York. I am looking forward to volunteering the following months. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Post

December blog

March