March

 March was an eventful month. During our spring break, I visited one of my closest friends in Florida. It was a lovely few days to be able to recuperate before returning to class. Upon return, several classmates and I attended the Saint Patrick's parade. It was my first Saint Patrick's celebration in NOLA and was undoubtedly my favorite parade I've attended thus far. 


As a psychology major, I was looking forward to psychopharmacology all year. This module was defiantly one of my favorites. Having an opportunity to learn about commonly mentioned antidepressants in our society was rewarding. We covered psychopharmacology, but we also covered toxicology this month. With CNS stimulants and hallucinogen consumption constantly on the rise, it was informative to learn how to administer treatment for different types of overdose. 


This month I am thankful to have gotten an opportunity to volunteer for Covenant house again and do something I have not done before. Covenant house acquired two small apartment complexes, split up into eight apartments. Since these apartments have not been occupied in a while, our job was to clean every apartment to our best abilities. After deep cleaning and renovations, these apartments will be given to mothers with young children. 

Hours this month: 4

Total: 6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Post

December blog